Thursday, September 20, 2012

Top Ten

Before getting started on Star Trek's second year, this is how my top ten list of episodes currently shapes up.


The Corbomite Manouver
Arena
Balance Of Terror
This Side Of Paradise
The Naked Time
The Devil In The Dark
The Galileo Seven
City On The Edge Of Forever
The Squire Of Gothos
Errand Of Mercy

The top three are unchanged from last time but This Side Of Paradise sneaks in at number four. I've completely revised my opinion of the episode and so far that has been the biggest surprise of my rewatch. I don't think there can be any doubt I prefer Gene L. Coon's flavour of Star Trek. Arena, The Devil In The Dark, and Errand Of Mercy were all written by him. This Side Of Paradise, The Galileo Seven, City On The Edge Of Forever, and The Squire Of Gothos were all produced by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment